Solr & Lucene Developer training (2d)
Trifork can organize a 2-day training session for an Introduction to Enterprise Search with Apache Solr and Lucene. It's an in-depth instructor-led training course with hands-on problem labs and case-discussion held by active Lucene & Solr committers and contributors.
The course aims to provide a solid foundation in Enterprise Search concepts, starting with Apache Lucene basics and internals throughout best-practices, basic Information Retrieval and distributed search application development with Apache Solr. During and after the training hours there will be time for discussions as well as attendee case-studies. At the end of the training you will have a deep understanding how Apache Lucene and Solr work together, you will be able to reliably analyze, understand and solve common problems and ready to build state of the art Enterprise Search Applications.
Since we believe that to successfully develop Enterprise Search Applications with Apache Solr it is essential to have a good understanding how the underlying Apache Lucene engine operates, the course starts with primary focus on Apache Lucene.
Day 1 - Apache Lucene - the basics
- Overview of Apache Lucene’s key features and limitations
- Introduction to Apache Lucene key APIs and concepts
- Inverted Index 101
- Introduction to Lucene’s Text Analysis API and Hands-On Lab
- Apache Lucene under the hood: index segments and internal datastructures & anatomy of flush, commit and optimize
- Store and Retrieve Data in Apache Lucene
- Indexing and Searching Hands-On lab
- Advanced Searching and best practices with Apache Lucene
- Anatomy of a Query
- Apache Lucene performance factors
- Introduction of upcoming features in Apache Lucene
Day 2 - Apache Solr
- Introduction to Apache Solr - background and basics
- Configuring Apache Solr's - solrconfig.xml
- Schema definition and index creation with Apache Solr
- Anatomy of a search request: parsing the query / executing the search / rendering the result
- Learn about key search concepts like faceting
- Explore optional features like highlighting, spell-checking and statistics
- Introduction to advanced Apache Solr features and performance factors
- Coaching and Autowarming with Apache Solr
- Scalable Apache Solr - replication and distribution
- Introduction of upcoming features in Solr 4.0
Contact us to sign up for the next training session.